Thursday, June 4, 2009

And the battle begins!

Today we started potty training Boston. I was so tired of having to change his bum when he is old enough to know when he has to go to the bathroom. So yesterday when I was at work I developed a plan. When I got home from work I had Cody distract Boston and I took all but one diaper out of his room and put them away. That night when we were getting him ready for bed I asked Boston to get me a diaper. He opened the drawer and noticed that they were gone except for the last one we were going to use. So I told him we were all out of diapers and in the morning he had to start wearing his big boy underwear. Boston kept telling me we needed to go to the store and buy more diapers but I told him we were not buying anymore and now it's time to go on the big potty. He seemed a little hesitant. In the morning he got up and his diaper was dry so we went in the bathroom and Boston sat on the potty. It took him a bit but then he finally went. His reward is pennies. I know you shouldn't bribe your kid with money, but candy does not work and he LOVES money. During the day I've been setting a timer in our kitchen to go off every hour and when it goes off he has to go to the potty. So far he's been doing great! He's had one minor accident. I think he started to go and it startled him and he finished in the potty. So far so good though. Wish us luck because we've still got a long way to go. If any of you have any other ideas please let me know.

1 message(s):

The Gray's said...

Good luck! I am not looking forward to that...in a few years! How's life? How are you feeling? I hope all is well!