Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody Ray!

Today is Cody's birthday! The big 28. He thinks it's funny though that I am one month and one day older then him. Oh well, I guess I "robbed the cradle." We had a birthday BBQ for Cody at our house last night. It was a lot of fun. My dad, Robin, Brock, and my grandparents came along with Rich, Diane, Brett, Dy, Chad, and Cody's grandparents. It was a lot of fun. This was the first family gathering we've had at our house. It worked out wonderfully. Plenty to eat and drink and had fun visiting with everyone. Boston was in heaven because he got to sit at his new picnic table with his cousin Ryan. I remember when I was little I always had to sit at the little kids table. They looked so cute though. Cody got spoiled this year. He got some money from the grandparents, gift cards from his brothers and Dy, an Itunes gift card from my dad and robin, and a peg board for the garage with some tool hooks and a work bench. Oh yeah, and he got an Ipod touch from me and Boston. I'm pretty sure he liked that gift. It really turned out to be a wonderful evening. Today it's back to work for him though with a softball game and a soccer game tonight. It never ends does it, even on our birthday. I know that Cody wouldn't have it any other way.

Cody is such a WONDERFUL husband and an AMAZING daddy. He always puts our family first no matter how busy he is. I can't believe I lucked out and was able to marry my high school sweetheart. We have so many memories that we get to share together and so many more to come. Thank you for all you do for us and for having such a big heart. We love you pooh bear and have a wonderful birthday!


OUR STREAKER
We went to church yesterday and we were getting ready to take Boston to nursery. He LOVES going to nursery. It use to be a big fight with crying and Cody and I having to sneak out. Now he happily walks to class opens the door, gives me five, and says "See ya mom". It definitely makes it so much easier. Yesterday, there was a little girl walking behind us SCREAMING because she didn't want to go. Boston kept looking up at me with this worried look. I just kept smiling at him and trying to distract him. Well, we get into nursery and he's a little hesitant to let go so I told him "why don't you go tell her it's okay and ask her to play with you". He just looked up at me with a scared look and said "no way mom". He then just gave me five and went on his way. Well after classes we picked him up and were walking home and I noticed that his pants kept falling down. I took a closer look and noticed that they were on backwards!! I asked him if he took his pants off in nursery and he said "yes". So I said who put them back on and he said "I did". So now we have a little streaker. He was quite proud I think because he could do it all by himself. I should have guessed this would happen because he will be jumping on the tramp at his grandparents house and all of the sudden his pants are on the grass. Or in the morning he'll be very quiet for a bit and I'll go check on him and he's no longer in pajamas. I guess I just didn't think he'd do it in nursery. Boys will be boys I guess.

1 message(s):

marci and josh said...

Happy Birthday Cody! Denise I didn't realize you were sooo much older then Cody, you are such a "cougar" haha. Boston is growing up so fast, as are we I guess. I can't believe we are all 28, wow. I hope everything is going well with the pregnanacy too. Have you found out what you are having, maybe you and Amber will both be having twins j/k.